Monday, May 4, 2009

... When the Second Hand Unwinds



Time After Time
Cyndi Lauper

Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick,
and think of you
caught up in circles confusion--
is nothing new
Flashback--warm nights--
almost left behind
suitcases of memories,
time after--

sometimes you picture me-- I'm walking too far ahead you're calling to me, I can't hear what you've said-- Then you say--go slow-- I fall behind-- the second hand unwinds

Chorus:

if you're lost you can look--and you will find me
time after time
if you fall I will catch you--I'll be waiting
time after time

after my picture fades and darkness has
turned to gray
watching through windows--you're wondering
if I'm OK
secrets stolen from deep inside
the drum beats out of time--

Chorus:

if you're lost...
you said go slow--
I fall behind
the second hand unwinds--

Chorus:

if you're lost...
...time after time
time after time
time after time
time after time

-- Perhaps, it was finally time that your clock of existence stopped ticking. It was indeed untimely. I never thought that the very song I loved ever since high school would be the same song I would choose to dedicate to you.

Physically, you are light years away. But in my heart, forever, you would remain.

"If what you found was of pure matter, it will never spoil and one can always come back. But if what you found was only a moment of light, like the explosion of a star, you would find nothing on your return."

--The Alchemist


You are my better half. Years may count yet your memory would forever remain nestling in my heart.


Te diligo, my Jacob.

--Raphaelle (I. N. J.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment